As the end of the semester approaches, the Student Care Network is providing some information and tips to help you manage your health and well-being during the summer break. If you will be leaving Nashville, it’s important to plan now to ensure continuity of care and understand your resources in case you need to access them.
Before you go, it may be helpful to:
- Refill your prescriptions
- Reach out to your Student Health Center providers via My Health At Vanderbilt for prescription refills during the summer months.
- Locate providers in your area of residence
- If you are enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan, you can use Aetna’s provider search tool.
- The Shrink Space is a therapy database that can help students find mental health providers off campus. Students can create a free account with their Vanderbilt email address. Students can also view the OSCC’s Guide to Finding Off-Campus Support.
- Check in with your Care Coordinator
- Reach out to your CSW Academic or Wellbeing Coach to make a success plan for the summer
- Discuss a self-care and/or wellness plan for the summer with your UCC provider
- Create an AcademicLiveCare account
- AcademicLiveCare (ALC) is a telehealth platform that will allow you to attend virtual appointments for physical and behavioral health, as well as nutrition and lactation support.
- Create a MySSP account (international students only)
- MySSP provides international students with free access to immediate and ongoing confidential mental health support services. Click here to learn more.
- Create a Headspace account and explore other self-directed tools
- Vanderbilt students have access to a free Headspace account. Headspace is a mindfulness tool that has been shown to reduce stress, improve focus, increase resilience and happiness.
- Attend an SCN drop-in session:
Are you staying in Nashville over the summer? Summer is a great time to have a physical or well woman exam, or to visit the Student Health Center for any other health needs. The SHC is open Monday–Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please call 615-322-2427 or visit My Health At Vanderbilt to schedule an appointment. Students enrolled in summer coursework also have access to services at the UCC, as well as Academic & Wellbeing Coaching at the CSW.
If you need assistance navigating your resources, please reach out to email@example.com.