Sponsored Programs Administration, within the Office of the Vice Provost for Research, continues to support the Vanderbilt research community’s transition to the Vanderbilt Electronic Research Administration system through the VERA training page, FAQs page, the dissemination of training materials, and regularly scheduled training sessions.
The following training guides and videos provide faculty with a quick introduction to using VERA, and the training sessions offer many opportunities for faculty to receive support from SPA staff. While there are faculty-specific training sessions, anyone who needs help with VERA is welcome to join the sessions listed below.
Additionally, the SPA training listserv is the quickest and easiest way to stay current on the latest support offered by SPA. If you would like to be added to the SPA training listserv to receive regular updates on events, please contact Laurel Duncan Biqiku, training and policy manager for SPA, at email@example.com or by phone at 615-322-0344.
- PDF—Logging into VERA
- PDF—Complete PI Certification Request (Grants)
- Video—PI Certification Request (Grants)
- PDF—Respond to an Agreement’s Ancillary Review notification (Agreements)
- Video—Ancillary Review in Agreements (Agreements)
SPA training sessions
VERA faculty training sessions: These faculty-specific trainings are held on a weekly basis during the times listed below, and faculty may register for them in Oracle Learning.
- Tuesday, March 22, 2:30–3 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 30, 9–9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, April 7, 11:30 a.m.–12 p.m.
- Monday, April 11, 12–12:30 p.m.
- Friday, April 22, 2–2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 26, 4:30–5 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 11, 9–9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, May 19, 11:30 a.m.–12 p.m.
- Monday, May 23, 12–12:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 10, 2–2:30 p.m.
VERA office hours
SPA office hours
Scheduled on the third Wednesday of every month at 11 a.m., these informal office hours allow the research administrator community to receive broad support from Sponsored Programs Administration.
Research Finance, SPA and grants manager meetings
Scheduled on a monthly basis from 10 to 11 a.m. on the dates listed below, these meetings allow research administrators to meet with both the Sponsored Programs and Research Finance offices to discuss a variety of aspects related to research administration on campus. Meetings include trainings and discussions on the latest topics relevant to the research community.