Applications due Dec. 16
This is a joint competition for VU and VUMC investigators. All investigators should follow these instructions.
Vanderbilt (VU and VUMC, collaboratively) may submit one application to the Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) Events Sponsorship Program. Applicants may request up to $4,000 to support events that involve participants from more than one ORAU institution, including students. Such events may include visits to an ORAU institution by a renowned speaker, conferences or workshops with a focused theme, or a technology transfer/business plan competition.
- The event must occur between May 1–Sept. 30, 2022.
- Funding must be awarded prior to the event.
- Potential impact of the event, including the number of institutions or participants.
- Participation by more than one ORAU institution is required.
- Student participation is considered a positive factor.
- New events are preferred over ongoing or annual events with an established financial model.
- Preference will be given to events in STEM disciplines.
- A representative from ORAU must be invited to the event.
- Seminar series will not be considered for support due to the limited engagement by other ORAU member institutions.
Internal application process
Interested faculty should submit the below items in a single file (in PDF format) to LSO@vanderbilt.edu by 5 p.m. on Dec. 16, 2021. Submissions should reference the program name in the subject line of the email.
- Brief event description (2-page maximum) including
- the date and location of the event
- other participating ORAU member institutions
- purpose and scope of the event
- anticipated outcomes
- summary budget
- NIH Biosketch or brief CV (5 pages max.)
- Letter of support from department chair/center director;
- Letter must additionally acknowledge that this grant does not allow indirect costs.** This statement can be used/modified within the letter: “The department recognizes that this grant does not allow indirect costs and will commit to covering any associated indirect costs per applicable school/institutional policy.”
**Process for cost-sharing typically coordinated at the departmental/school level and approved by department chair and/or dean. Please consult LSO@vanderbilt.edu for further guidance.
Any questions about this opportunity or the LSO process may be directed to LSO@vanderbilt.edu.