Applications for the 2022 Vanderbilt Undergraduate Summer Research Program will open via InfoReady on Tuesday, Oct. 26. VUSRP provides a unique opportunity to develop valuable skills by working closely with a faculty member on joint research efforts.
Awards of $5,000 are provided to rising sophomores, juniors and seniors engaged in 10 weeks of full-time research with a full-time Vanderbilt faculty member. Students can use their VUSRP experience to satisfy Immersion Vanderbilt.
Applications may span research in any field and across all disciplines, including the social sciences and humanities. Past examples include:
- “Cross Cultural Comparisons of Mental Health and Loneliness in English and Spanish Speakers”
- “Investigation on How Regime-type Countries Affects the Occurrence of Cyber-attacks”
- “Design and Fabrication of Soft Robots Mimicking Lamprey Locomotion”
- “Linking Membrane Organization and Diet-induced Obesity”
The application deadline is Jan. 11, 2022. Eligible students who wish to apply should note that the application deadline is earlier than in previous years. In addition, the following scheduled events are designed to help with the application process:
- Applications will be accepted from Oct. 26 to Jan. 11, 2022.
- The 2022 program’s 10 weeks of research will occur from Wednesday, June 1, to Wednesday, Aug. 10, 2022.
- Students who are interested in learning more are encouraged to attend a virtual Information session on Tuesday, Oct. 26, from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- The Writing Studio is hosting application writing workshops to provide help with crafting a great application on Thursday, Oct. 28, and Thursday, Nov. 11, both from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. in the Central Library Community Room.
Answers to frequently asked questions about VUSRP can be found on the program website. Other questions about the program or application process should be directed to the Office of Immersion Resources by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.