Applications due Oct. 28
This is a joint competition for VU and VUMC investigators. All investigators should follow these instructions.
Vanderbilt (VU and VUMC, collaboratively) anticipates the opportunity to nominate two candidates for theEdward Mallinckrodt, Jr. Foundation Scholar Award Program. The foundation supports early stage investigators engaged in biomedical research that has the potential to significantly advance the understanding, diagnosis or treatment of disease. This award typically provides $400,000 over four years to move a project forward to the point where other independent funding can be obtained. No indirect costs are allowed.
- Hold M.D. and/or Ph.D. degree
- In 5th to 8th year of a tenure-track position
- Candidates may have an R01
Internal application process
Anyone interested in being considered as Vanderbilt’s potential nominee must submit the following (in a single PDF) to LSO@vanderbilt.edu by 5 p.m. on Oct. 28, 2021:
- Brief research lay summary (1/2-page max.);
- Brief research plan including summary budget (2-page max. including summary budget);
- Letter of support from department chair/center director;
- Letter must additionally acknowledge that this grant does not allow indirect costs.** This statement can be used/modified within the letter: “The department recognizes that this grant does not allow indirect costs and will commit to covering any associated indirect costs per applicable school/institutional policy.”
- NIH Biosketch or brief CV (5-page max.)
**Process for cost-sharing typically coordinated at the departmental/school level and approved by department chair and/or dean. Please consult LSO@vanderbilt.edu for further guidance.
Submissions should reference the program name in the subject line of the email. All applicants should verify their eligibility in advance through the foundation website.
Any questions about this opportunity or the LSO process may be directed to LSO@vanderbilt.edu.