Open Enrollment is the annual opportunity to elect the benefits that best meet your needs. All benefits-eligible employees must complete Open Enrollment during October 2021 for calendar year 2022 benefits.
Enrollment begins at 8 a.m. Oct. 18 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT Oct. 29. Elections are effective Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2022, unless you have a qualifying life event.
You will log in to My VU Benefits (available on the Benefits site, hr.vanderbilt.edu/benefits) to elect, make changes to, or waive:
- health, dental and vision insurance
- accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- health care flexible spending accounts (FSAs), which reimburse medical expenses for you and your dependents
- dependent care FSAs, which reimburse dependent care expenses
NOTE: You can only select the 2022 benefits described above during Open Enrollment (or within 30 days of a qualifying life event, such as getting married or having a baby).
Even if you are not planning to make changes, you must log in to My VU Benefits to:
- confirm current elections;
- confirm dependent and beneficiary information;
- attest to whether you and your covered family members are tobacco-free. Eligible employees can save $20 per month on premiums; and
- attest to whether your spouse is eligible for coverage elsewhere. If you carry coverage for your spouse who has access to health insurance through another employer—including Vanderbilt University Medical Center—you’ll pay a spousal fee of $100 per month.
More information regarding Open Enrollment for 2022 benefits will be available in the coming weeks.