Faculty and staff are invited to join a virtual event to discuss the formation of a Military and Veterans Employee Affinity Group. The event will take place on Thursday, Sept. 2 from 1-2 p.m. via Zoom.
Participants must register prior to the event to receive the Zoom link.
Those in active duty, reserve, guard, veterans, individuals from military families and those who work closely with or support military personnel are encouraged to attend. The meeting is open to all Vanderbilt employees, including staff, faculty and postdoctoral scholars, regardless of identity.
The virtual information and brainstorming session will be led by:
- Scott Brower, director, Bass Military Scholars Program
- 1st Lt. Phil Samples, military intern, Human Resources Strategic Initiatives
- Alyssa Aloyo, program manager, Office for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Linzie Treadway, director of projects, Office for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The launch session is an opportunity for community members to ask questions and make suggestions about how the group can best serve the community and expand on programming for the group. The Military and Veterans Affinity Group will host regular meetings aimed at creating space to support the military and veteran community and their families and come together to support the community at large.
This event is part of a new university initiative to create Employee Affinity Groups supported by the Office for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in partnership with Human Resources. Other groups in the initiative include:
- Association of Vanderbilt Black Faculty and Staff
- Asian, Asian American, Pacific Islander
- Disabilities and Chronic Health Conditions
- Golden ’Dores (50+ age group)
- Single Parents
For more information, contact Alyssa Aloyo at firstname.lastname@example.org.