The Office of Immersion Resources invites students, faculty and staff to attend an open house in its new space at the Student Life Center on Thursday, Sept. 2, from 2 to 6 p.m. All are welcome to meet the OIR team, including Amy Johnson, assistant provost for immersion and experiential learning, and learn more about Immersion Vanderbilt and the staff devoted to supporting faculty and students as they undertake immersive experiences and projects.
OIR is now located in the Student Life Center, Suite 109.
In addition to this drop-in opportunity, OIR is offering informational and engaging programming this fall. While some programs are designed for targeted audiences, all are welcome to attend any of the events. Light refreshments will be available.
- Office of Immersion Resources Open House: Thursday, Sept. 2 – 2–6 p.m.
- Study Abroad and Immersion: Thursday, Sept. 9 – noon–1 p.m.
- First-Year Game Night (Live): Tuesday, Sept. 21 – 7–8:30 p.m.
- First-Year Game Night (Virtual): Wednesday, Sept. 22 – 7–8 p.m.
- Nashville Nonprofit Immersive Experiences: Thursday, Sept. 23 – 1–2 p.m.
- Vanderbilt Undergraduate Research Fair: Thursday, Sept. 30 – 3–6:30 p.m.
- Vanderbilt Undergraduate Civic and Professional Showcase: Thursday, Oct. 7 – 4:30–6:30 p.m.
- Nichols Humanitarian Fund Open House: Thursday, Oct. 21 – 4–6 p.m.
- VUSRP Info Session: Thursday, Oct. 28 – 3:30–4:30 p.m.
- Vanderbilt Undergraduate Creative Expression Showcase: Wednesday, Nov. 17 – 4–7 p.m.
More events will be added to the calendar throughout the semester. For information and attendance links for these and other events, visit the immersion portal.
As a reminder, Immersion Vanderbilt is a degree requirement for the Class of 2023 and beyond. The Class of 2022 is not required, but is strongly encouraged, to complete an immersion plan and project. Questions may be directed to email@example.com.