The phased “soft launch” of the new, single Vanderbilt Electronic Research Administration (VERA) system from Huron that will replace Vanderbilt University’s current electronic research administration systems, Coeus and PEER, will begin in mid-September. After months of refinement, testing and training, VERA will launch in phases to allow research faculty and administrators to gradually transition to the new system.
“Soft launch” is so called because the university will progressively implement individual functions in VERA (i.e., managing awards and agreements, routing and submitting different types of proposals) in phases, rather than starting to use VERA for all pre-award functions at once. This graduated approach enables faculty and administrators to begin managing awards and agreements in VERA on Oct. 1 while continuing to route and submit proposals due before Nov. 1 in Coeus/PEER. A more detailed timeline is shown below.
- Preparations for Phase 1 of the soft launch will begin in mid-September, with deadlines to ensure the proper conversion of existing awards and agreements in Coeus and PEER to VERA:
- All new requests for Oracle awards must be submitted to Research Finance by Friday, Sept. 17.
- All new requests for awards and agreements must be submitted through PEER by Thursday, Sept. 23.
- Phase 1 soft launch for awards and agreements will occur on Friday, 1.
- Phase 2 soft launch for proposals will occur on Monday, Nov. 1.
Visit the VERA website for more information on the phased launch of VERA, including important deadlines and dates, review and training materials and upcoming events.
Join us at the next Research Finance-SPA-Grants Manager Meeting on Thursday, Sept. 9, at 10 a.m. to learn more about the VERA soft launch.
Questions or concerns? Contact Director of Research Administration Systems and Reporting Hilda McMackin (firstname.lastname@example.org) or SPA Policy and Training Manager Laurel Duncan-Biqiku (email@example.com).