Move-In Weekend is one of the university’s most popular traditions. This year, returning Vanderbilt students will welcome the Class of 2025 with cheers and smiles as they lend a helping hand in carrying the first-years’ belongings to their new rooms. The event showcases the strong sense of community that is woven into the fabric of Vanderbilt.
HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
We want to provide an exciting and safe back-to-campus experience. Therefore, we are requiring everyone—whether vaccinated or unvaccinated—to wear a mask, even while outdoors, when engaged in close interactions with others, as described below.
Visitors: All visitors must mask indoors as well as outdoors during check-in, faculty head of house meet and greets, and orientation.
Campus community: Students and staff must mask in residence halls during Move-In Weekend and must mask indoors and outdoors during the check-in process and during information sessions and programs.
FIRST-YEAR STUDENT MOVE-IN
Saturday, Aug. 21
- First-year students have received a specific move-in time between 7 a.m. and noon on Saturday, Aug. 21, to prevent large crowds.
- All incoming first-year students should already have received a packet with room assignment information, key authorization card and hang tag.
- The hang tag should be hung from your rear-view mirror with the house abbreviation facing out. This will enable officers to direct you to the proper staging areas.
- A staff member will lead your vehicle from your staging area to an unloading area near your house.
- At your house, Move Crew members in brightly colored shirts will be on hand to greet and assist you in moving your belongings from your vehicle to your room.
CONTINUING UPPER-DIVISION STUDENTS
Sunday, Aug. 22
Upper-division residence halls open on Aug. 22.
- For Village at Vanderbilt Townhouse and South Tower Residents: Due to first-year student move-in on Saturday, Aug. 21, Village at Vanderbilt residents are not permitted to move in until after noon on Aug. 21.
- For residents of Cole, Greek houses, McGill, Nicholas S. Zeppos College, and Tolman: Students residing in these residential buildings will have access to 24th Avenue, Kensington Place and West Side Row to unload their belongings between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. daily through Tuesday, Aug. 24.
INCOMING TRANSFER STUDENT MOVE-IN
Friday, Aug. 20
Transfer student move-in is scheduled for Aug. 20.
- Students have been provided with a specific afternoon move-in time with their room assignment information.
- Move-in times will range from 1 p.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- All incoming transfer students should have already received an email with room assignment information. Prior to move-in, we will be preparing the halls for your arrival and, as a result, will not be able to accommodate early move-in requests. Please plan your travel to Nashville accordingly.
More incoming transfer student housing information can be found here.
PRE-APPROVED EARLY ARRIVALS
Students who need to move in before Aug. 21 must have pre-authorized permission.
- First-year students arriving on or before Aug. 18 should report to the Branscomb front desk to pick up their keys.
- First-year international students arriving for international student orientation on Aug. 18 should report directly to The Commons Center to pick up their keys.
- First-year students with pre-approval to arrive on Aug. 19 or Aug. 20 should report to the Hank Ingram desk to pick up their keys.
- Upper-division students with pre-approval to arrive on or before Aug. 18 should report to the Branscomb front desk to pick up their keys.
- Upper-division students with pre-approval to arrive between Aug. 19 and Aug. 22 should report to their area desk to pick up their keys.
GREEK HOUSE RESIDENTS:
To obtain your room code, please contact the Office of Greek Life upon arrival at 615-322-2048. Students arriving after close of business should contact either Kristin Torrey, director of Greek Life, or Tiffany Carter, graduate assistant for Greek Life.