Applications due July 22, 2021
This is a joint competition for VU and VUMC investigators; all investigators should follow these instructions.
Vanderbilt (VU and VUMC, collaboratively) may submit one application to the Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) Events Sponsorship Program. Applicants may request up to $4,000 to support events that involve participants from more than one ORAU institution, including students. Such events may include visits to an ORAU institution by a renowned speaker; conferences or workshops with a focused theme; or a technology transfer/business plan competition.
- The event must occur between Oct. 1, 2021, and April 30, 2022.
- Funding must be awarded prior to the event.
- Potential impact of the event, including the number of institutions or participants.
- Participation by more than one ORAU institution is required.
- Student participation is considered a positive factor.
- New events are preferred over ongoing or annual events with an established financial model.
- Preference will be given to events in STEM disciplines.
- A representative from ORAU must be invited to the event.
- Seminar series will not be considered for support due to the limited engagement by other ORAU member institutions
Internal application process
Interested faculty should submit the below items in a single file (in PDF format) to LSO@vanderbilt.edu by 5 p.m. on July 22, 2021. Submissions should reference the program name in the subject line of the email.
- Brief event description (two-page maximum) including:
- the date and location of the event
- other participating ORAU member institutions
- purpose and scope of the event
- anticipated outcomes
- summary budget
- NIH Biosketch or brief CV (five pages max.)
- Letter of support from department chair/center director
- Letter must acknowledge that this grant does not allow indirect costs.** This statement can be used/modified: “The department recognizes that this grant does not allow indirect costs and will commit to covering any associated indirect costs per applicable institutional policy.”
**Process for cost sharing typically coordinated at the departmental level and approved by department chair and/or dean. Please consult LSO@vanderbilt.edu for further guidance.
Any questions about this opportunity or the LSO process may be directed to LSO@vanderbilt.edu.