Limited Submission Opportunity: 2021 Mallinckrodt Grant ProgramApr. 22, 2021, 12:00 PM
Applications due May 19
This is a joint competition for VU and VUMC investigators. All investigators should follow these instructions.
Vanderbilt (VU and VUMC, collaboratively) may submit one proposal for the Edward Mallinckrodt Foundation Grant Program. The foundation supports early stage investigators engaged in basic biomedical research that has the potential to significantly advance the understanding, diagnosis or treatment of disease. The grant provides $60,000/year for up to a total of $180,000 over three years to move a project forward to the point where R01 or other independent funding can be obtained. Indirect costs are not allowed, but salary support is acceptable. View the application guidelines for more information.
Applicants must meet the following on Aug. 1, 2021:
- hold M.D. and/or Ph.D. degree
- be in first to fourth year of a tenure-track position
- must not have current R01 funding
Internal application process
Anyone interested in being considered as Vanderbilt’s potential nominee must submit the following (in a single PDF) to LSO@vanderbilt.edu by 5 p.m. on May 19, 2021.
- Brief research plan including summary budget (two-page maximum);
- Lay summary (half-page maximum);
- Letter of support from department chair/center director;
- Letter must acknowledge that this grant does not allow indirect costs.** This statement can be used/modified: “The department recognizes that this grant does not allow indirect costs and will commit to covering any associated indirect costs per applicable institutional policy.”
- NIH Biosketch (five-page maximum)
**Process for cost-sharing typically coordinated at the departmental level and approved by department chair and/or dean. Please consult LSO@vanderbilt.edu for further guidance.
Submissions should reference the program name in the subject line of the email. Any questions about this opportunity or the LSO process may be directed to LSO@vanderbilt.edu.