The Office of the Provost invites faculty to submit proposals for the inaugural round of Seeding Success Grants.
The Seeding Success Grant is a reinvigoration and expansion of previous programs (replacing the Discovery Grant and Research Scholar Grant programs) and is designed to support faculty research, scholarship and creative endeavors. The grant offers two unique funding tracks:
- The program serves as a seed opportunity to support work with strong potential for productivity as well as work with external sponsorship potential from a variety of sources, including federal agencies and corporate or nonprofit foundations.
- The program also facilitates productivity and scholarship by supporting course buyouts, therefore providing faculty with more time to work on manuscripts, papers, creative works or strategic grant proposals.
Seed opportunity funding is up to $60,000 per year for up to two years, with larger amounts considered if the proposal warrants and program budget allows. The course buyout opportunity provides up to $35,000.
For more information about the program, including eligibility standards, proposals requirements and funding guidelines, visit the program website.
- The application deadline is May 3, 2021.
- Funding will be available on July 1, 2021.
- Applications must be submitted online through InfoReady Review, Vanderbilt’s official submission portal.
- Questions about either program may be emailed to Schyler Turrin.