Are you receiving all of the emails you should?Feb. 14, 2021, 11:00 AM
You might be missing important email messages if you are not checking your junk or quarantine folders. For example, if you are missing the tri-weekly MyVU newsletter, check your junk or quarantine folders and release the firstname.lastname@example.org email to your inbox. Releasing emails will add the addresses to your safe sender list and assure that messages consistently land in your inbox.
How to release messages:
Junk email folder
- Navigate to your “Junk Email” folder.
- Select the message you want to keep (e.g., email@example.com) and right-click on it. Scroll down to “Junk Mail” and select “Mark as Not Junk.”
- Navigate back to your “Inbox Folder” and you should see the message displayed in your inbox now and for all future communications.
- In the search window located in the top bar of your Outlook email inbox, search firstname.lastname@example.org (you should already receive regular messages from this address if you have quarantined email).
- Click “Review” on the MyVU message and you will be taken to the site to review.
- Select the MyVU message and release.
Once you release these emails to your inbox, you will start receiving the emails you need when you need them. If you have any questions, please contact VUIT Support at 615-343-9999 or visit it.vanderbilt.edu.