VU/VUMC shared Exchange Outlook address book to be separated in early 2021Nov. 10, 2020, 2:00 PM
As part of continued efforts surrounding the separation of Vanderbilt University and Vanderbilt University Medical Center, VUIT will initiate work to separate the shared Exchange Outlook address book on Jan. 8, 2021.
The Outlook address book, also known as the Global Address List (GAL), autocompletes email addresses when you are typing addresses in the “To:” or “Cc:” fields when composing emails. To complete the separation of the university email address book from VUMC, the vumc.org email addresses will be removed from the shared Exchange Outlook address book on Jan. 8.
The impact of this activity is indicated below and will require action by you:
VU Exchange distribution lists
- VUMC email addresses will be removed from VU Exchange distribution lists.
- Anyone managing a VU Exchange distribution list containing VUMC email addresses is encouraged to submit a help request to help.it.vanderbilt.edu for assistance converting the VU Exchange distribution list(s) to LISTSERV list(s) prior to Jan. 8.
Personal address lists
- Any previously saved VUMC email address will need to be removed after Jan. 8.
- VUMC email addresses saved by Outlook prior to the change will still appear but will not support sending email.
- Instructions for cleaning your personal address lists by clearing your cache are available on the Vmail FAQ page.
If you have any questions, please contact VUIT support at 615-343-9999, or submit a help request to help.it.vanderbilt.edu.