If you have not yet completed enrollment for 2021 benefits, time is running out! All benefits-eligible employees should complete Open Enrollment by 11:59 p.m. CST on Monday, Nov. 2.
What happens if I don’t enroll?
|Benefit||If NO action taken:|
|Health Plan||· If you don’t make a plan selection, you will be placed in the Choice CDHP at the same tier (Employee only, Employee + Child(ren), Employee + Spouse, Employee + Family) you have now.
· You’ll miss out on a $20/month credit toward premiums if you do not complete the attestation that you and your covered family members are tobacco-free.
· You’ll pay a $100/month spousal fee if your spouse is on the Vanderbilt Health Plan and has access to health insurance through his/her employer. If your spouse does not have access to another employer’s health plan, or works for Vanderbilt University, you must complete this attestation every year to avoid the fee.
|Dental Plan||· If you are currently enrolled in the Cigna Dental DHMO and fail to make a dental election (or waive coverage), you will default into the DeltaDental Basic plan.
· If you are currently enrolled in the BlueCross BlueShield Dental PPO and fail to make a dental election (or waive coverage), you will default into the DeltaDental Premier plan.
|Vision Plan||If you are currently enrolled in the vision plan and you fail to make a vision election (or waive coverage), you will default into the DeltaVision plan.|
|No pre-tax money can be deposited in your health care and/or dependent care flexible spending accounts unless you enroll each year.|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment||You’ll have the same coverage you have in place for 2020.|
NOTE: You can only make elections for 2021 benefits during Open Enrollment (or within 30 days of a qualifying event, such as getting married or having a baby).
Even if you are not planning to make changes, you must log in to My VU Benefits to:
- confirm current elections
- confirm dependent and beneficiary information
- attest to whether you and your covered family members are tobacco-free (eligible employees can save $20 per month on premiums)
- attest to whether your spouse is eligible for coverage elsewhere. If you carry coverage for your spouse who has access to health insurance through another employer—including Vanderbilt University Medical Center—you’ll pay a spousal fee of $100 per month.
Learn more about Open Enrollment and sign up for 2021 benefits now at vu.edu/oe.