Limited Submission Opportunity: 2021 Conservation, Food and Health GrantsNov. 1, 2020, 1:13 PM
These instructions are for VU investigators. VUMC investigators should email LSO@vanderbilt.edu for more information.
Vanderbilt University may submit one application to the Conservation, Food and Health Foundation (CFH) Grants program. The CFH seeks to protect natural resources, improve the production and distribution of food, and promote public health in Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Middle East. The foundation supports projects that demonstrate local leadership and promote professional development in the conservation, agricultural and health sciences; develop the capacity of local organizations; and address a particular problem or question in the field. Grants are made on a one-time basis for up to $30,000 (average grant is $20,000.) No indirect costs are allowed.
The foundation prefers to support projects that address under-funded issues and geographic areas. It favors research, training and technical assistance projects that:
- employ and/or train personnel from developing countries
- are led by organizations with strong records of accomplishments in a particular field and have potential for replication
- focus on regional or cross-boundary issues and opportunities
- feature collaborative partnerships embedded in strong networks
- strengthen local leadership and scientific capacity
- influence public discourse and policy
- focus on prevention rather than remediation
- attract additional support and hold promise for continuation or impact beyond the period of foundation support
The CFH does not fund direct medical care or treatment at hospitals or clinics; medical equipment for hospitals or clinics; and several other exclusions.
Internal application process
Interested faculty should visit https://vanderbilt.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1827506 to apply for the internal LSO competition and to find additional information about the opportunity. The deadline for the internal competition is Nov. 23, 2020.
Any questions about this opportunity may be directed to VU-LSO@vanderbilt.edu.