4 days left! Open Enrollment ends Monday, Nov. 2Oct. 30, 2020, 7:00 AM
Open Enrollment is the annual opportunity for you to elect the benefits that best meet your needs. All benefits-eligible employees should complete Open Enrollment by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 2, for calendar year 2021 benefits.
This year, all eligible employees must elect a health plan of their choice. Failure to complete the process will result in a default enrollment into the Choice Consumer-Driven Health Plan (Choice CDHP), the health plan option with the lowest premiums, at their current individual or family coverage level. Also, for 2021 VU has selected a new dental and vision provider. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the offerings and select what is best for you (and your family).
Log in to My VU Benefits to elect, make changes to or waive:
- health, dental and vision insurance
- supplemental life insurance
- accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- health care flexible spending accounts (FSAs), which reimburse medical expenses for you and your dependents
- dependent care FSAs, which reimburse dependent care expenses
NOTE: You can only select the 2021 benefits described above during Open Enrollment (or within 30 days of a qualifying event, such as getting married or having a baby).
Even if you are not planning to make changes, you must log in to My VU Benefits to:
- confirm current elections
- confirm dependent and beneficiary information
- attest to whether you and your covered family members are tobacco-free. Eligible employees can save $20 per month on premiums.
- attest to whether your spouse is eligible for coverage elsewhere. If you carry coverage for your spouse who has access to health insurance through another employer—including Vanderbilt University Medical Center—you’ll pay a spousal fee of $100 per month.
We’re here to help!
If you need help enrolling using the My VU Benefits system, check out our how-to enroll guide.
Virtual enrollment labs
Speak with an HR representative about specific benefit questions. Schedule a 1:1, or select the walk-in Zoom link from our OE Calendar page.
Open Enrollment benefits forum
Watch a recording of the virtual benefits forum. Join Catherine Wood, executive director of benefits, and Amy Grubb, associate director, as they talk about benefits changes for 2021 and the new price transparency tool, Healthcare BlueBook.
Learn more about Open Enrollment and sign up for 2021 benefits now at vu.edu/oe.