Microsoft changes to some Polycom phones coming Oct. 15Oct. 12, 2020, 6:36 AM
On Thursday, Oct. 15, Microsoft will make industry-wide security changes that will impact some versions of Polycom phones. Specifically, it will cause functionality changes for the Polycom CX600 and CX3000 phones used by some employees at Vanderbilt.
Although the basic functions of these phones will continue to work (i.e. the ability to make and receive calls), Microsoft’s change will impact the phones in several ways. The functions below are expected to cease:
- The ability to look up another user (phone number) using only the buttons on the phone
- The ability to manage one’s calendar using only the buttons on the phone
- Illumination of the voicemail indicator
- The ability to access voicemail using only the buttons on the phone
- The ability to join a meeting using only the buttons on the phone
Impacted Polycom Lync/Skype CX600 and CX3000 Models:
No action is needed at this time. If you have questions about how this change impacts your work processes or creates a need for additional equipment or replacements, please contact your manager or business officer. For general assistance about the functionality of the phones, contact the VUIT support number at 615-343-9999 or submit a help request at help.it.vanderbilt.edu.