Listening sessions for Graduate School faculty, students launch as search for new leadership position continuesOct. 7, 2020, 6:45 AM
Graduate School faculty and students are invited to share their thoughts at a series of targeted listening sessions this month as the search committee appointed by Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Susan R. Wente works to find the next dean of the Graduate School and vice provost for graduate education.
The university is seeking a leader who will continue to foster a collaborative Graduate School support system across multiple departments and programs at Vanderbilt as well as central provost resources such as the Career Center, University Counseling Center and the Office of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness. Further, the successful candidate will ensure equity and excellence in keeping with Vanderbilt’s culture of interdisciplinary collaboration and collegiality.
Graduate School faculty and students can RSVP below to share their feedback during the sessions, which are organized by area of study/instruction. Those who wish to attend at one of the alternate dates outside of their allotted session may do so.
Graduate School Faculty Listening Sessions
- Thursday, Oct. 8, 10–10:45 a.m. – Biological Sciences Faculty
- Monday, Oct. 12, 4–4:45 p.m. – Humanities Faculty
- Tuesday, Oct. 13, 10–10:45 a.m. – Engineering and Physical Sciences Faculty
- Thursday, Oct. 15, 1–1:45 p.m. – Social Sciences Faculty
Graduate School Student Listening Sessions
- Thursday, Oct. 8, 6–6:45 p.m. – Social Sciences Students
- Friday, Oct. 9, 2–2:45 p.m. – Biological Sciences Students
- Monday, Oct. 12, 4–4:45 p.m. – Humanities Students
- Tuesday, Oct. 13, 4–4:45 p.m. – Engineering and Physical Sciences Students