Everything you need to know about move-inAug. 16, 2020, 8:39 PM
Undergraduate move-in begins Monday, Aug. 17, and continues through Sunday, Aug. 23. All students scheduled to move into campus housing must have a negative result from their pre-arrival test or complete a pre-arrival testing waiver request if the student has been COVID-19-positive (confirmed with a PCR test) in the past three months.
Students and families also should be prepared to follow campus protocols, including wearing face masks/coverings at all times while on campus.
Students received an email last week with their detailed move-in instructions, including which symptom screening location to report to. Upon arriving to campus, students and accompanying family members will report first to one of five symptom screening locations, assigned according to the residence that the student is moving into.
- The Parking Lot 129 screening location is for all residents of The Ingram Commons Houses.
- The Studio Arts/Parking Lot 16 screening location is for Branscomb Quad residents, Carmichael Towers East residents and Alumni Lawn residents, except for Bronson College residents, who will use Parking Lot 298A.
- The Parking Lot 18 at Olin Hall screening location is for Highland Quad residents.
- The Parking Lot 298A at Blakemore House screening location is for residents of Bronson College, Zeppos College and the Greek houses.
- The Kirkland Esplanade screening location is for residents of Warren and Moore colleges.
After completing symptom screening, students will be directed for key/Commodore Card (first-year students only) pick-up, and unloading.
Key Pick-Up Locations:
- Morgan, Lewis and Mayfield: Lewis Front Desk
- Bronson Ingram College and McGill: E. Bronson Ingram Front Desk
- Nicholas S. Zeppos College: Zeppos Front Desk
- Branscomb (Lupton, Scales, Stapleton, Vaughn): Branscomb Front Desk
- Towers 1 and 2: Towers Front Desk
- Cole, Tolman and McTyeire: Old Beta House (Located on the corner of 24th South and Vanderbilt Place)
- Warren and Moore Colleges: Kissam Center Front Desk
- Ingram Commons Houses: Distributed at symptom screening
First-year Student Late Arrivals: If you experience travel delays, and arrive to campus after 5 p.m. (Monday, Aug. 17 through Wednesday, Aug. 19) or 8 p.m. (Thursday, Aug. 20 through Saturday, Aug. 22), please report directly to the Branscomb lobby front desk. You and your move-in assistant will be symptom screened at Branscomb, and then directed to your designated areas for key pick-up and move-in. Any first-year student arriving on or after Aug. 23 should report to the Branscomb lobby front desk.
Upper-division Student Late Arrivals: If you experience travel delays, and arrive to campus after 5 p.m. (Monday, Aug. 17 through Wednesday, Aug. 19, and Sunday, Aug. 23) or 8 p.m. (Thursday, Aug. 20 through Saturday, Aug. 22), please report directly to the Branscomb lobby front desk. You and your move-in assistant will be symptom screened at Branscomb, and then directed to your designated areas for key pick-up and move-in.
As a reminder, for those planning to ship items to campus for move-in, please ship only essential items and make sure packages are insured for the value of the contents. More information can be found on the Mail Services website.
First-year students will pick up their packages in one of three locations according to their residence:
- The Martha Rivers Ingram Commons: Students residing on The Ingram Commons will pick up their packages at The Commons Center dining room.
- Carmichael Towers East: Students residing in Carmichael Towers East will pick up their packages on the lower level of the building.
- Branscomb: Students residing in Branscomb will pick up their packages at the Student Life Center garage located adjacent to Branscomb.
Upper-division students will receive an email for each package they receive which will include the pick-up location for the package. Packages will be ready at either the Temporary Package Location (Student Life Center garage) or at Station B Post Office in the basement of Rand Hall.
Once move-in is concluded, all packages will be available for pick-up at the Station B Post Office in Rand Hall.
*Select your residence hall to view route maps.
Carmichael Towers 1
Carmichael Towers 2
E. Bronson Ingram College
Hank Ingram House
Nicholas S. Zeppos College