Watch: Town hall for faculty discusses classroom safetyJul. 22, 2020, 11:03 AM
Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Susan R. Wente and the Faculty Senate co-hosted a virtual town hall for faculty focused on classroom safety July 20. The discussion covered classroom protocols, student compliance and the notification process for positive COVID-19 cases. The webinar also included a moderated question-and-answer session.
To watch a video of the town hall, go to the Faculty Town Hall Q&A page, which is behind SSO, on the Return to Campus website.
Speakers and Q&A panelists for the town hall included:
- Susan R. Wente, provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs
- Vanessa Beasley, vice provost for academic affairs and dean of residential faculty
- Eric Kopstain, vice chancellor for administration
- Catherine McTamaney, Faculty Senate chair and associate professor of the practice of teaching and learning
- Ben Harris, Faculty Senate vice chair and senior lecturer in music
- Mike Perez, associate vice chancellor and chief facilities officer
- Andrea George, director of environmental health and safety
- Pam Jones, senior associate dean of clinical and community partnerships at the School of Nursing
- G.L. Black, assistant provost and deputy dean of students
The July 20 town hall is part of a series of sessions being hosted by campus leaders to discuss aspects of the university’s Return to Campus Plan.
All available details on the university’s plans for the 2020-21 academic year can be found on Vanderbilt’s Return to Campus website.