The Vanderbilt Career Center has launched Picture Your Career, a free workbook available for download at vanderbilt.edu/career/pictureyourcareer. The Career Center’s Katharine Brooks, Evans Family Executive Director, and Grace Foy, associate director, co-authored the publication.
The workbook features visual thinking techniques to help users discover their strengths, develop their vision, design a path forward and deliver their talent.
“My hope is that this workbook will provide creative and insightful new information for its users,” Brooks said. “Visual thinking can open up a world of previously unimagined possibilities.”
Packed with dozens of interactive exercises, the guidebook will help:
- Develop vision and discover possible career trajectories
- Discover talents and understand how they help in the workplace
- Get organized and set goals for the future
- Complete inner work, such as managing emotions and anxiety
- Explore possibilities in a career field
- Conduct a job search with practical tips on networking, interviewing and résumés
The Career Center serves undergraduates enrolled full-time in all Vanderbilt schools and colleges, as well as provides career coaching to recent graduates (0-2 years out). The center provides ongoing opportunities for students to learn about and explore professional opportunities, including career coaching, workshops, career panels, career fairs, field trips and more.
Funds from a generous donation by the Loomis family were used to pay for Picture Your Career’s graphic designer, Emily Mills.