Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Susan R. Wente and the Faculty Senate will host a virtual town hall for faculty focused on classroom safety on Monday, July 20, from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. The discussion will cover classroom protocols, student compliance and the notification process for positive COVID cases.
The live webinar will also include a moderated question-and-answer session. Registrants can submit questions in advance of the town halls using this form.
Speakers and Q&A panelists for the town halls include:
- Susan R. Wente, Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- Vanessa Beasley, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs and Dean of Residential Faculty
- Eric Kopstain, Vice Chancellor for Administration
- Catherine McTamaney, Faculty Senate Chair, Associate Professor of the Practice of Teaching & Learning
- Ben Harris, Faculty Senate Vice Chair, Senior Lecturer in Music
- Mike Perez, Associate Vice Chancellor and Chief Facilities Officer
- Andrea George, Director of Environmental Health and Safety
- Pam Jones, Senior Associate Dean, Clinical and Community Partnerships
- G.L. Black, Assistant Provost and Deputy Dean of Students
The event will be recorded and made available on the Return to Campus website.
These town halls continue a series of sessions hosted by campus leadership to discuss aspects of the university’s Return to Campus Plan. To this end, Vanderbilt is dedicated to providing additional opportunities for faculty engagement on these important topics, including the following:
- A Medical Town Hall for all Vanderbilt faculty and staff on Saturday, July 18, at 12 p.m. central time, which will feature university leaders and experts from across the university and medical center and will focus on the medical aspects of COVID-19. Register here for the Medical Town Hall.
- Technology demonstrations and classroom walk-throughs as part of the Adaptive Teaching series for faculty throughout the summer.
All available details on the university’s plans for the 2020-21 academic year can be found on Vanderbilt’s Return to Campus website