New webpage shares stories of myriad ways Vanderbilt community is helping address COVID-19by Jalen Blue May. 13, 2020, 8:30 AM
Vanderbilt has launched a webpage designed to share the ways the university community is providing support, expertise and care throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. The new website, Vanderbilt Responds to COVID-19, includes the university’s wide-ranging efforts to support the broader community, continue teaching and learning, conduct research and generate innovative ideas, and provide resources for how to cope in the COVID-19 environment.
“Throughout the pandemic, our dedication to our mission and unwavering commitment to have a positive impact in the world has remained steadfast,” said Interim Chancellor and Provost Susan R. Wente. “This is evident in the countless activities, stories and messages shared in recent weeks about our local and global impact, and I am as proud as ever to be a part of this remarkable community.”
The website also includes messages from Wente, information on how to support the new Research and Innovation Fund and Student Hardship Fund and links to resources and updates on the university’s response to COVID-19.
The six primary sections on the site highlight the following:
- Teaching and learning stories explore how Vanderbilt is continuing in its mission to educate the whole person, including how the schools and colleges are adapting to the pandemic, how faculty are implementing online and alternative education, and how students, faculty, staff and postdoctoral scholars are continuing to engage with the organizations, initiatives and projects with which they are involved.
- Research and innovation stories provide highlights of Vanderbilt’s cutting-edge research aimed at fighting COVID-19 and the innovative ways community members are addressing health issues.
- Coping with COVID-19 stories share how Vanderbilt is working to care and support the holistic health and well-being of the Vanderbilt community. This section also includes information on community resources and programming, stories providing tips on navigating technology, and more.
Supporting the Community provides an overview of some of the ways that Vanderbilt community members are engaging, serving or donating to efforts in Nashville and beyond at this time.
- “Ask an Expert,” a video series launched in March, taps into the great depth and expertise of Vanderbilt’s faculty as it relates to addressing issues around the COVID-19 pandemic. Among the topics covered in the video series are information on how to maintain a healthy diet during isolation, how to alleviate stress around the coronavirus, ways COVID-19 reveals racial health disparities, the food supply chain, how the economy restarts, the effectiveness of masks, and more.
- Vanderbilt in the news shares the far-reaching impact of our faculty, many of whom have been featured in various local, regional and national media providing expertise and insight on issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Visit the Vanderbilt Responds to COVID-19 website to learn about the countless ways the Vanderbilt community is working to have a positive impact on society during this time.