- 615-322-6397 Email
All university-sponsored, non-Athletics events and gatherings are suspended through April 30 due to COVID-19.
Have a question that requires some data science background knowledge? Need additional help in your office, lab, or on a specific research project?
Let the Data Science Institute help connect you with first-year master’s students in the Data Science program. Join us at our Data Science M.S. Program Research Opportunities Fair on Tuesday, March 17, at 3 p.m. at The Wond’ry.
At the fair you’ll have the opportunity to share an overview of your work and any opportunities you have available in a “lightning round” session, then have the chance to network with current students one on one.
Our students have developed a strong foundation in statistical fundamentals, resampling techniques for model and algorithmic evaluation, and data management systems. They are familiar with a variety of data sources including small, large and big data sets.
Students who have completed Vanderbilt’s first-year curricula for the Data Science M.S. program can:
- explore, clean and wrangle data sets
- reproducibly program in R and Python using Jupyter Notebooks, Markdown and Github tools
- fit and interpret various regression models, tree-based models, kernel methods, neural nets and other high-dimensional prediction algorithms
- produce effective displays and visualizations of data
- effectively summarize and present findings from an analysis
If you are interested in attending the March 17 event, please be sure to complete our participation form by March 10. In addition, if you are unable to attend the event but would still like to list your opportunity, be sure to fill out the form.
Contact: Amanda Harding