- 615-322-6397 Email
- Vanderbilt University to host Clinton Global Initiative University annual meeting in 2023
- Four with a ‘Dore: Rhylee Tucker
- Noam Chomsky’s biographer, VU Professor Robert Barsky, interviewed about his work
- Project Safe to provide programming in recognition of Sexual Assault Awareness Month throughout April
Faculty are invited to a series of professional development workshops to be held throughout the spring 2020 semester. Each session will present advice and tools for how to navigate a specific aspect of professional academic life and are presented by faculty and other senior leaders representing various disciplines. The faculty development series also will include leadership workshops for Chancellor Faculty Fellows and SEC Academic Leadership Development Program Fellows.
These events are hosted by the Office of Faculty Affairs in the Office of the Provost.
In addition to these in-person offerings, faculty are invited to access webinars and other online resources that address various topics pertinent to the life cycle and experiences of faculty. These webinars are provided by the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity and the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. To access these webinars and other online resources, visit the Faculty Development webinars website.
Please visit the Faculty Development Workshops website for workshop descriptions, speaker and panelist information, and to register, or click on workshop titles below.
Faculty Development Workshops
All workshops are from noon to 1 p.m. Lunch will be provided.
Second Book Strategies: How to Push Your Next Project Forward
- Tuesday, Feb. 11 | Kissam C210
Unconscious Bias Training and its Role in the EDI Efforts of Academic Leaders
- Friday, Feb. 14 | Kissam C210
Designing Effective and Impactful Research Presentations
- Wednesday, March 4 | Stevenson Center 3211 (Science and Engineering Library)
Leaders: Cultivators of Culture
- Wednesday, March 25 | Kissam C210
- Thursday, April 2 | Kissam C210
Promotion to Full: A PTRC Insider’s View
- Tuesday, April 7 | Alumni Hall 206
Leveraging the Chancellor Faculty Fellows Program for Leadership
- Tuesday, April 14 | Alumni Hall 206
- This session is open only to current and past Chancellor Faculty Fellows.
For more information on any of these offerings, please contact Jermaine Soto, director of faculty development.