Healthy adults needed for research studyJan. 8, 2020, 8:26 AM
The Division of Cardiovascular Medicine is seeking healthy adults for a research study.
The purpose of this study is to measure a metabolite called α-aminoadipic acid (2-AAA) in blood. Different amounts of 2-AAA in the body may alter the risk of developing diabetes. We are interested in whether 2-AAA is present at different levels in healthy people.
You may qualify if the following describes you:
- Ages 18–45
- BMI 18 to <30 kg/m2
- Do not follow severely restricted diet or have food allergies
- Do not currently use tobacco products or have not done so in the past 30 days
- Do not currently use any daily prescription medications (except hormonal birth control)
- Do not currently use lysine supplements or are willing to temporarily discontinue use
- Do not have any history of cardiovascular disease, renal disease, liver disease, diabetes or bleeding disorders
- Are not pregnant or lactating
- Have not participated in another clinical trial in the past 6 weeks
- Able to fast for 8 hours
To find out if you are eligible for this project, complete the screening survey at https://redcap.vanderbilt.edu/surveys/?s=KWD7JTTFJC.
A member of the study team will be in touch once your survey is submitted.