Vanderbilt may submit one application to the Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) Events Sponsorship Program. Applicants may request up to $4,000 to support events which involve participants from more than one ORAU institution. Such events may include visits to an ORAU institution by a renowned speaker, conferences or workshops with a focused theme, or a technology transfer/business plan competition.
- Event must occur between April 1 and Sept. 30
- Funding must be awarded prior to the event
- Potential impact of the event, including the number of institutions or participants
- Student participation is considered a positive factor.
- New events have preference over events that are on-going with an established financial model.
- Preference will be given to events in STEM disciplines.
Internal Application Process:
Interested faculty should must submit the below items in a single file (in PDF format) to LSO@vanderbilt.edu by 5 p.m. on Jan. 3, 2020. Submissions should reference the program name in the subject line of the email.
- Brief (2 page maximum) event description including
- the date and location of the event
- other participating ORAU Member Institutions
- history of the event (if it is part of a series)
- purpose and scope of the event
- anticipated outcomes
- summary budget
- NIH Biosketch or brief CV (five pages max)
- Letter of support from department chair/center director;
- Letter must acknowledge that this grant does not allow indirect costs.** This statement can be used/modified: “The department recognizes that this grant does not allow indirect costs and will commit to covering any associated indirect costs per applicable institutional policy.”
**Process for cost-sharing typically coordinated at the departmental level and approved by department chair and/or dean. Please consult LSO@vanderbilt.edu for further guidance.
Any questions about this opportunity or the LSO process may be directed to LSO@vanderbilt.edu.