Open Enrollment starts tomorrowOct. 16, 2019, 7:26 AM
Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to update or choose the benefits that best meet your needs. All benefits-eligible employees must complete Open Enrollment, even if you don’t plan to make changes or waive coverage.
The Open Enrollment website is now live with the most up-to-date information for your 2020 benefits options. On the website, you can find helpful information such as:
- The 2020 Detailed Guide to Open Enrollment
- Open Enrollment frequently asked questions
Get to know your options now in preparation for enrolling on My VU Benefits between 8 a.m. Oct. 17 and 11:59 p.m. Oct. 31. You can make or change your elections as often as you want during this time. Keep in mind that elections save as you go through each step of the process, even if you do not click all the way through to the confirmation page.
Consider your choices carefully; changes and corrections cannot happen except within the enrollment period or within 30 days of a qualifying event like getting married or having a baby. Benefits selected during the enrollment period will begin Jan. 1, 2020.
2020 health plans overview
- There are two health care options for fully benefits-eligible employees to choose from: the Choice CDHP and the Select PPO.
- This is an active enrollment year—you must make a health plan election. If you are currently enrolled in a Vanderbilt University health plan and take no action for 2020, you will be defaulted to the Choice Consumer-Driven Health Plan (Choice CDHP) at your current individual or family coverage level.
- Partially benefits-eligible employees can choose the Choice CDHP with HSA (without Vanderbilt funding) or elect to waive coverage.
- Faculty or staff members who waived health plan coverage in 2019 will continue as waived for 2020 unless they make a different election during Open Enrollment.
- Go to vu.edu/oe for decision guides, a schedule of enrollment labs, or PLANselect, an interactive tool to help guide your health plan decision.
- Visit the Benefits Open House from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 23, in the Baker Building, 10th floor.
- Contact Human Resources from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at email@example.com or (615) 343-4788.
Learn more about Open Enrollment by visiting vu.edu/oe.