- 615-322-6397 Email
Faculty are invited to a series of development workshops, webinars and writing sessions to be held throughout the fall 2019 semester. Each session will present advice and tools for how to navigate a specific aspect of professional academic life. The faculty development series also will include leadership workshops for Chancellor Faculty Fellows and SEC Academic Leadership Development Program Fellows.
These events are hosted by the Office of Faculty Affairs in the Office of the Provost. Faculty writing sessions and faculty search committee workshops are hosted jointly with the Office for Inclusive Excellence.
Please visit the faculty development workshops website or the available registration links below for workshop descriptions and speaker and panelist information.
Faculty development workshops
All workshops are from noon to 1 p.m. Lunch will be provided.
Demystifying the PTRC and the Tenure Process: A Discussion with Former PTRC Members
- Tuesday, Oct. 1 | Alumni Hall 206
Supporting Effective Teaching in a Department
- Tuesday, Oct. 15 | Sarratt 327
Navigating Life and Professional Paths as a Scholar
- Tuesday, Oct. 29 | Alumni Hall 206
Leading without Power (A Faculty Leadership Development Workshop)
- Thursday, Nov. 14 | Alumni Hall 206
- By invitation only. Questions? Email email@example.com.
Promotion to Full: A PTRC Insider’s View
- Monday, Nov. 18 | Alumni Hall 206
Faculty Search Committee workshops
Engaging in a Successful and Inclusive Faculty Search
- Thursday, Sep. 26 | Noon–1:30 p.m. | Commons 235
- Wednesday, Oct. 23 | Noon–1:30 p.m. | Sarratt 216/220
- Monday, Nov. 4 | 11:30 a.m.–1 p.m. | Kissam C210A
Faculty writing sessions
All writing sessions will be held from 8:30 to 11 a.m. A light breakfast will be provided.
- Friday, Sept. 27 | Sarratt 216/220
- Friday, Oct. 11 | Alumni Hall 206
- Friday, Nov. 1 | Sarratt 216/220
- Friday, Nov. 15 | Sarratt 216/220