Subjects needed for paid research study on effects of nut consumptionSep. 12, 2019, 4:41 PM
Would you like to help researchers learn more about how consuming nuts affects body weight, waist circumference and abdominal fat?
Researchers at Vanderbilt University Medical Center are looking for volunteers for a study that will compare a diet with mixed nuts as snacks to a diet with typical snacks to determine the effects on abdominal fat and risk for metabolic syndrome in young adults.
You may be eligible for this study if:
- You are 22-36 years old
- Your BMI (body mass index) is between 24.5 to 34.9
- Your weight has been stable for three months
- You do not have an allergy to any type of nut
- You do not have any diet restrictions
- You are available to participate in an 18-week study that requires two metabolic testing visits, seven visits with the study dietitian, and follow the study daily menus.
All nuts and snacks will be provided. Volunteers who qualify and complete the study will be compensated for participation.
If you are interested in hearing more about this study, please call (615) 936-0365 or email email@example.com.