New ‘Hands Free Tennessee’ law focuses on distracted drivingAug. 28, 2019, 2:06 PM
Effective July 1, 2019, the new “Hands Free Tennessee” law went into effect making it illegal for drivers to:
- hold a cellphone or mobile device with any part of their body;
- write, send or read any text-based communication;
- reach for a cellphone or mobile device in a manner that requires the driver to no longer be in a seated driving position or properly restrained by a seat belt;
- watch a video or movie on a cell phone or mobile device; and
- record or broadcast video on a cell phone or mobile device.