Brief outage of internet access for VU on July 18Jul. 8, 2019, 7:58 AM
On Thursday, July 18, between 4 and 6:30 a.m., VUIT will replace some network equipment in the Hill and Bryan data centers. This equipment connects our campus network to the outside world.
During this replacement, VU will experience a brief outage of internet service. This outage is expected to last about 60 seconds, with a worst-case scenario extending the outage to about 15 minutes to troubleshoot any issues.
Please note that the following traffic will not be affected during this change:
- Network traffic within VU.
- Traffic to and from VUMC.
- Use of the Pulse Secure Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- Traffic to and from the Advanced Computing Center for Research and Education (ACCRE).
- Traffic to and from Amazon Web Services (AWS) using the direct connection.