VU limited submission opportunity: The TD Ready Challenge 2019Jul. 1, 2019, 2:56 PM
These instructions are for VU investigators. VUMC investigators should visit the OOR funding opportunity site.
Vanderbilt University may submit one application to the TD Ready Challenge.
The Toronto-Dominion (TD) Bank Ready Challenge will fund up to 10 grants of $1 million CAD (the current equivalent of $760,000 USD) to catalyze innovative solutions for a changing world. Recipients will be organizations that have impactful and measurable solutions that will help open doors for a more inclusive and sustainable tomorrow. The 2019 challenge focus is “Better Health.”
The 2019 challenge seeks to support organizations that have designed innovative solutions to help improve access to early detection and intervention for diseases, with the goal of increasing equitable health outcomes for more people.
Specifically, TD seeks to fund programs, grounded in clinical solutions, that focus on preventative efforts such as screening, early detection and intervention innovations aimed at reducing the onset, development and severity of chronic disease and other illnesses and satisfy any one or both of the following criteria:
- Aim to improve on existing health care practices and services to help reach low- to moderate-income populations
- Utilize technologies to reach low- to moderate-income populations
Competitive projects will:
- Deal directly with people and provide benefits to people and communities
- Have proven success,and be used to scale out to additional communities or populations or be pilot projects with material evidence of viable success and scalability
- Have a clear evaluation and measurement process to track impact
- Demonstrate benefit for populations facing barriers to accessing care
- Focus on applied research that aims to solve specific health problems (versus basic/general research)
- Focus on funding initiatives that impact patient health directly and not initiatives that aim to improve operational issues, such as optimizing staff levels, workforce management, etc.
- Demonstrate impact that extends beyond a single organization through a knowledge mobilization strategy and intent
Interested faculty should visit https://vanderbilt.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1791992 to submit an application for the internal LSO competition and to find additional information about the opportunity. The deadline for the internal competition is July 18, 2019.
See the program page for more information.
Any questions about this opportunity or the LSO process may be directed to VU-LSO@vanderbilt.edu.