Security Notice: Attempted robberyJun. 13, 2019, 9:50 AM
On Wednesday, June 12, at 8:32 p.m., VUPS was notified of an attempted robbery that occurred outside the 25th Avenue Garage near 24th Avenue. The suspects, reportedly inside a black SUV, fled the area after the intended victim ran from the area. At 8:56 p.m., suspects in a black SUV matching the same vehicle description approached two individuals near Centennial Hospital and demanded money. No weapons or injuries were reported in the incidents.
This Security Notice is being issued to remind the Vanderbilt community:
- Avoid isolated or dark areas.
- If a stranger does approach, maintain a distance and be observant; if they are in a vehicle, get the license plate number.
- Stay alert. If you feel uneasy, leave the area. Go to a safe location and notify VUPD.
- Report any suspicious persons to VUPD. Be prepared to describe the person as best as you can.
Resources and assistance for students, faculty and staff:
- The Vanderbilt University Police Department is available to assist you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you need emergency assistance, call (615) 421-1911, or for non-emergency assistant, call (615) 322-2745.
- The Project Safe Center offers a support line 24 hours a day, seven days a week at (615) 322-SAFE (7233).
- The Title IX and Student Discrimination Office can be reached at (615) 343-9004.
- The University Counseling Center can be reached at (615) 322-2571.