Panel discussion on STEM career paths set for March 12by Jalen Blue Mar. 8, 2019, 10:40 AM
The Vanderbilt community is invited to a panel discussion on Tuesday, March 12, titled “ZigZags: Honest STEM Career Paths.” The discussion will be held in the auditorium of the Bishop Joseph Johnson Black Cultural Center. The program begins with lunch at 11:30 a.m. followed by the panel discussion from noon to 1 p.m.
During the discussion, panel members will share their personal STEM career journeys and the decisions, circumstances and surprises that occurred along the way.
Panel members include:
- Moderator: Susan R. Wente, provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs
- Larisa R. G. Desantis, associate professor of Earth and environmental sciences
- Lourdes Estrada, associate professor of biochemistry and associate director for academic programs and operations for the Medical Scientist Training Program
- Cynthia Gadd, professor of biomedical Informatics and vice chair for educational affairs
- Renã A. S. Robinson, associate professor of chemistry and Dorothy J. Wingfield Phillips Chancellor’s Faculty Fellow
This Women’s History Month event is sponsored by the Provost’s Office for Inclusive Excellence.