Search committee named to find new director of VU PressOct. 11, 2018, 9:25 PM
Vanderbilt University has launched a national search to find the next director of Vanderbilt University Press. The director will work closely with the press’ Editorial Committee and other key partners to implement a new strategic vision for the press.
The search follows the release of a committee report that recommends a number of improvements to the press designed to better engage faculty and the Vanderbilt community broadly and to build on regional strengths.
“The new director of Vanderbilt University Press will collaborate with the Editorial Committee to better position the press for success in today’s rapidly changing publishing environment,” Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Susan R. Wente said. “In addition, the director will align the press more closely with Vanderbilt’s trans-institutional efforts, key instructional priorities, the Academic Strategic Plan and university mission. I want to thank the search committee for taking up this effort.”
The search committee members are:
- Tracey George, chair, interim vice provost for faculty affairs
- Dawn Turton, chair, associate provost for academic initiatives
- Derek Griffith, professor of medicine, health and society
- David Owens, professor of the practice of organizational studies
- Tiffany Patterson, associate professor of African American and diaspora studies
- Steven Wernke, associate professor of anthropology