Registration open for ‘learning community’ on design thinking; first event Sept. 27by Nicholas Moore Sep. 23, 2018, 12:55 PM
In support of Design as an Immersive Vanderbilt Experience, the Center for Teaching is hosting a learning community for faculty, staff and students interested in teaching design thinking. Registration is open for all three events taking place at the Center for Teaching this fall, and lunch will be provided for attendees.
This learning community is specifically designed for faculty and staff working with students in curricular or co-curricular contexts as part of DIVE, but all members of the Vanderbilt community are welcome to participate.
Thursday, Sept. 27, noon–1:30 p.m., Center for Teaching
- Dawan Stanford, consulting director of design thinking, Elon University
- Rebecca Pope-Ruark, coordinator of the Design Thinking Studio in Social Innovation, Elon University
Tuesday, Oct. 23, noon–1:30 p.m., Center for Teaching
- Kristen Neal, lecturer in teaching and learning and director of the Learning and Design program
- Melissa Gresalfi, associate professor of mathematics education and learning sciences
Tuesday, Nov. 6, 11:30 a.m.–1 p.m., Center for Teaching
- Haerin Shin, assistant professor of English
- Matthew Worsnick, assistant professor of the practice of history of art