SECURITY NOTICE: Indecent exposureSep. 11, 2018, 5:31 PM
On Sept. 10 at approximately 7:10 p.m., an individual in a vehicle exposed himself to a student at Vanderbilt Place and 24th Avenue. The subject is described as a black male, 30-40 years old, with short hair, wearing an unknown colored t-shirt. The subject left the campus in a dark-colored SUV.
On Sept. 11 at approximately 10:50 a.m., an individual in a vehicle exposed himself to a student at the same location of Vanderbilt Place and 24th Avenue. The subject was described as a young black male (20s), short hair, muscular build, dark complexion, and wearing a light-colored t-shirt and baggy athletic shorts. This subject left the campus in a small blue vehicle.
VUPS is currently investigating both incidents. If you have information about these incidents, please call the Vanderbilt University Police Department at (615) 322-2745 or Metro Nashville Police at (615) 862-8600.
This Security Notice is being issued to remind the Vanderbilt campus community:
- Avoid isolated or dark areas.
- If a stranger does approach, maintain a distance and be observant; if they are in a vehicle, get the license plate number.
- Stay alert. If you feel uneasy, leave the area. Go to a safe location and notify VUPD.
- Report any suspicious persons to VUPD. Be prepared to describe the person as best as you can.
Resources and assistance for students, faculty and staff:
- The Vanderbilt University Police Department is available to assist you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you need emergency assistance, call (615) 421-1911 or non-emergency, call (615) 322-2745.
- The Project Safe Center offers a support line 24 hours a day, seven days a week at (615) 322-SAFE (7233).
- The Title IX and Student Discrimination Office can be reached at (615) 322-4705.
- The University Counseling Center offers support and resources as well. They can be reached at (615) 322-2571.