Faculty invited to fall research proposal development workshopsSep. 7, 2018, 7:00 AM
L-POD is hosting two research proposal development workshops this fall focused on funding. L-POD, or Leveraged Proposal Organization and Development Program, is part of the Office of Research Development and Support.
Proposals 101 supports faculty who are new to Vanderbilt or early in their careers on the basics of applying for funding at VU. Participants will learn about the resources available on campus and tips for proposal development.
The workshop will be offered from 11 a.m. to noon on these dates:
- Sept. 25, 105 Hobbs
- Oct. 12, 209 Garland
- Nov. 7, U-6202 MRB III
Diversity Sponsorship of Your Research: Getting Funding From the Department of Defense is geared toward investigators of all disciplines with limited or no experience applying to the Department of Defense or the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. The 90-minute session will feature a faculty panel discussing the variety of research funded, the individual agency’s missions and funding mechanisms, upcoming opportunities and best practices for successfully securing funding.
The workshop will be from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Oct. 22 in 201 Alumni Hall.
- Doug Schmidt (moderator), associate provost for research development and technologies and professor of electrical engineering and computer science
- Rebecca Cook, assistant professor of cell and developmental biology
- Steven Goodbred, professor and chair of earth and environmental sciences
- Janos Sztipanovits, E. Bronson Ingram Distinguished Professor of Engineering, professor of electrical engineering and computer science and director, Institute for Software Integrated Systems
- Sharon Weiss, Cornelius Vanderbilt Professor of Engineering, professor of electrical engineering, and deputy director, Vanderbilt Institute of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
Attendees are encouraged to register as seating is limited. When registering, attendees can submit questions so that the sessions can be tailored to their needs.
For more information about workshops, please email L-POD@vanderbilt.edu. The Office of Research Development and Support is in the Office of the Vice Provost for Research and part of the Provost’s Initiatives to Enhance Research and Scholarship (PIERS).