The 2018 Vanderbilt Translational Research Forum will feature more than 25 nationally recognized Vanderbilt researchers presenting their translational science, as well as special guest speaker Dr. Patricia Griffin. A poster session will provide students and investigators in health research at Vanderbilt (VU and VUMC) and Meharry Medical College the opportunity to present work in progress or completed work and gain valuable feedback from colleagues and other forum attendees.
- Any Vanderbilt or Meharry student or investigator.
- Must be registered for the 2018 Translational Research Forum (Click here to RSVP).
- Must be able to hang poster in the Student Life Center Ballroom on Friday, Oct. 26, between 7 and 7:30 a.m.
- Must be available to present the poster in person on Friday, Oct. 26, from 9:20 to 10:15 a.m. and from 11 a.m. to noon. You will be assigned to present during one of these sessions.
- First place: Paid meeting registration, hotel and airfare costs to attend the Association for Clinical and Translational Science’s annual meeting, Translational Science 2019, in Washington, D.C., on March 6-9, 2019.
- Second and third place: Paid meeting registration costs to attend the Association for Clinical and Translational Science’s annual meeting, Translational Science 2019, in Washington, D.C., on March 6-9, 2019.
- A review committee will select the prize recipients based on the following criteria:
- Background/significance: research question or hypothesis
- Methods: design, setting, sample, analysis (to date)
- Results: summary of significant findings (to date)
- Conclusion: description of impact, application of results (to date)
- The abstract submission form must be completed no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 28, 2018.
- Accepted poster presenters will be notified by Oct. 5.
- Judges will be chosen from the Vanderbilt faculty based on the research areas and methods used in submitted abstracts.
- Those accepted should submit their poster designs to the BRET Office Poster Printing Service no later than Friday, Oct. 19.
- The Office of Clinical and Translational Scientist Development, Master of Public Health, and Master of Science in Clinical Investigation will pay for poster printing done through the BRET Office Poster Printing Service; presenters who choose to use a different printing service are responsible for paying their printing fees.
- Poster size should be 36” x 48”, oriented horizontally.