Vanderbilt may submit one application to the Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) Events Sponsorship Program. Applicants may request up to $4,000 to support events that involve participants from more than one ORAU institution. Such events may include visits to an ORAU institution by a renowned speaker, conferences or workshops with a focused theme, or a technology transfer/business plan competition.
- Event must occur between Oct. 1 and March 31.
- Funding must be awarded prior to the event.
- Potential impact of the event, including the number of institutions or participants.
- Student participation is considered a positive factor.
- New events have preference over events that are ongoing and have an established financial model.
- Preference will be given to events in STEM disciplines.
Internal application process
Interested faculty should submit the below items (in PDF format) to LSO@vanderbilt.edu by 5 p.m. on June 21, 2018. Submissions should reference the program name in the subject line of the email.
- Brief (two-page maximum) event description including
- the date and location of the event
- other participating ORAU member institutions
- history of the event (if it is part of a series)
- purpose and scope of the event
- anticipated outcomes
- summary budget
- NIH Biosketch or brief CV (five pages max)
Any questions about this opportunity or the LSO process may be directed to LSO@vanderbilt.edu.