Vanderbilt libraries offers Open Journal Systems training May 9May. 7, 2018, 1:27 PM
Vanderbilt libraries will host an Open Journal Systems training on Wednesday, May 9, from 2 to 5 p.m. in Central Library, Room 418A. All are invited to attend.
Open Journal Systems, part of the Public Knowledge Project, is an open-source platform for creating and maintaining journals. The software includes website management, customizable look and feel, peer-review processes, and submission processes. Using OJS for journal management is completely free as part of a service provided by the Vanderbilt libraries.
Topics covered at the May 9 training will include the following:
- OJS site management
- OJS journal management
- Setting up a new journal
- Journal roles (journal manager, editor, reviewer, etc.)
- Creating journal policies
- Customizing the look and feel of a journal
- Creating and publishing a journal issue
- The submission process – managing the peer-review process for submissions, copy editing, production, and scheduling for publication
For questions, please contact Elisabeth Shook.