Vanderbilt (VU and VUMC, collaboratively) may submit one proposal for the Edward Mallinckrodt Foundation Grant Program. The foundation supports early stage investigators engaged in basic biomedical research that has the potential to significantly advance the understanding, diagnosis or treatment of disease. The grant provides up to $180,000 over three years to move a project forward to the point where R01 or other independent funding can be obtained. Indirect costs are not allowable, but salary support is acceptable. View the application guidelines for more information.
Eligibility requirements (must meet the following on Aug. 1, 2018):
- Hold M.D. and/or Ph.D. degree
- In first to fourth year of a tenure-track position
- Must not have current R01 funding
Internal application process:
Anyone interested in being considered as Vanderbilt’s potential nominee must submit the following (in PDF format) to LSO@vanderbilt.edu by 5 p.m. on May 7, 2018.
- Brief research plan including summary budget (two-page maximum);
- Lay summary (half-page maximum);
- Statement of support from department chair/center director;
- Five-page NIH Biosketch
Submissions should reference the program name in the subject line of the email. Any questions about this opportunity or the LSO process may be directed to LSO@vanderbilt.edu.