The Office of the Provost will host an event April 20 to raise awareness of and share information about Trans-Institutional Programs, or TIPs, one of the major initiatives of the Academic Strategic Plan. The TIPs Fair and Reception will be held in the Student Life Center Ballroom from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., and all interested faculty are invited to attend.
Faculty from 18 currently funded TIPs programs will be on hand to showcase their cross-campus collaborations, which are centered on “big idea” themes like data science, smart city planning, next generation vaccines, health policy and more.
The event is designed to bring additional awareness to the TIPs initiative and to encourage broader participation among Vanderbilt faculty across the university. Members of the TIPs Council will be present to answer questions about the proposal process and best practices.
Light refreshments will be served, and pre-registration for the TIPs Fair and Reception is strongly encouraged.
Download a flier to post in your department.
TIPs programs participating in the fair
· Adaptive eBooks for Building Children’s Language Skills
· Addressing the Epidemic of HPV-Associated Cancers
· Africa at a Crossroads: Challenges and Prospects
· Data Science Visions
· Private Governance Approaches to Climate Change
· Sterling Ranch: Sustainability and Education Research Center
· A Trans-Institutional Big Data Architecture at Vanderbilt
· The Vanderbilt Center for mHealth Technologies
· Vanderbilt Center for Molecular Probes
· Vanderbilt Initiative for Intelligent Resilient Infrastructure Systems (IRIS)
· Vanderbilt Initiative for Smart-City Operations Research (VISOR)
· Vanderbilt LGBT Policy Lab
· The Vanderbilt Microbiome Initiative
· The Vanderbilt Pre-3 Initiative (Preventing Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes and Prematurity)
· Vanderbilt Program for Next Generation Vaccines—Integrating Structural Biology with Big Data
· Vandy Reach: Putting Obesity Science to Work
· VINSE: Increasing Immersion and Innovation in Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Research and Education
· VUSAT Initiative