Limited Submission Opportunity: 2018 Oak Ridge Associated Universities Events Sponsorship ProgramNov. 13, 2017, 11:56 AM
Vanderbilt may submit one application to the Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) Events Sponsorship Program. Applicants may request up to $4,000 to support events that involve participants from more than one ORAU institution. Such events may include visits to an ORAU institution by a renowned speaker, conferences or workshops with a focused theme, or a technology transfer/business plan competition.
- Event must occur between April 1 and Sept. 30.
- Funding must be awarded prior to the event.
- Potential impact of the event, including the number of institutions or participants. Student participation is considered a positive factor.
- New events have preference over events that are ongoing with an established financial model.
- Preference will be given to events in STEM disciplines.
Internal application process:
Interested faculty should submit the below items (in PDF format) to LSO@vanderbilt.edu by 5 p.m. on Dec. 15, 2017. Submissions should reference the program name in the subject line of the email.
Brief (two-page maximum) event description including:
- the date and location of the event
- other participating ORAU member institutions
- history of the event (if it is part of a series)
- purpose and scope of the event
- anticipated outcomes
- summary budget
- NIH Biosketch or brief CV (five pages max)
Any questions about this opportunity or the LSO process may be directed to LSO@vanderbilt.edu.