Vanderbilt University Public Safety is requesting feedback from faculty, students and staff on efforts to improve pedestrian and cyclist safety on and near the campus.
VUPS asks that Vanderbilt community members complete a short survey through which they can provide feedback about recent safety enhancements as well as ideas for further improvements.
Consistent with the principles of FutureVU and in conjunction with the Nashville Metropolitan Public Works Office, VUPS has taken a number of steps to improve safety for faculty, students, staff and visitors walking and biking in the area. Some of the recent enhancements include:
- improved street lighting
- additional traffic lights
- audible equipment and yellow cone pads for controlled crosswalks
- highly visible roadway signs
- delineation posts to improve visibility
- vehicle traffic calming in the area
The survey will be open until Dec. 15.