Vanderbilt University may submit one application for The Conservation, Food & Health Foundation grants. The Foundation supports projects that demonstrate local leadership and promote professional development in the conservation, agricultural and health sciences; develop the capacity of local organizations; and address a particular problem or question in the field. It prefers to support projects that address under-funded issues and geographic areas. Grants are made on a one-time basis for up to $30,000.
Types of Support
The foundation favors research, training and technical assistance projects that:
- employ and/or train personnel from developing countries
- are led by organizations with strong records of accomplishments in a particular field and have potential for replication
- focus on regional or cross-boundary issues and opportunities
- feature collaborative partnerships embedded in strong networks
- strengthen local leadership and scientific capacity
- influence public discourse and policy
- focus on prevention rather than remediation
- attract additional support and hold promise for continuation or impact beyond the period of foundation support
Interested faculty should visit https://vanderbilt.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1763679 to submit an application for the internal LSO competition and to find additional information about the opportunity. The deadline for the internal competition is Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2017.
Any questions about this opportunity or the LSO process may be directed to VU-LSO@vanderbilt.edu.