Limited submission opportunity: 2018 Oak Ridge Associated Universities Events Sponsorship ProgramAug. 18, 2017, 5:36 PM
Vanderbilt may submit one application to the Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) Events Sponsorship Program. Applicants may request up to $4,000 to support events that involve participants from more than one ORAU institution. Such events may include visits to an ORAU institution by a renowned speaker; conferences or workshops with a focused theme; or a technology transfer/business plan competition.
- Vanderbilt is eligible for one award per ORAU’s fiscal year.
- If Vanderbilt is not awarded a grant during the first award cycle (ORAU application deadline of Sept. 1 for events occurring between Oct. 1 and March 31), the internal submission deadline will be updated for the second cycle (ORAU application deadline of March 1 for events occurring between April 1 and Sept. 30).
- Funding must be awarded prior to the event.
- Potential impact of the event, including the number of institutions or participants.
- Student participation is considered a positive factor.
- New events have preference over events that are ongoing with an established financial model.
- Preference will be given to events in STEM disciplines.
Interested faculty should visit https://vanderbilt.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1762877 to submit an application for the internal LSO competition and to find additional information about the opportunity. The deadline for the internal competition is Friday, Aug. 25, 2017.
Any questions about this opportunity or the LSO process may be directed to VU-LSO@vanderbilt.edu.